NASCAR Nationwide / ARCA / Trans-Am
OPTIMA Faceoff at Road America
The Hawk with Brian Redman (Vintage Cars)
Ferrari Club of America 50th Anniversary
GRAND-AM / American Le Mans Series
VSCDA Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival
SCCA National Championship Runoffs
Camping - Camping Guidelines
CAMPING AT ELKHART LAKE’S ROAD AMERICA, INC.
In order to camp, each person (over the age of 12) must purchase:
ADVANCED CAMPING PACKAGE OR A CAMPING VOUCHER*
This package is equivalent to admission each day of the event and a $30 camping voucher. Campsite must be purchased in addition to this package. You will receive a wristband valid for admission and camping privileges. Deadlines and prices vary per event.
*Camping Voucher is sold to spectators after advance deadlines or to those who hold event-specific credentials, or a Season Pass. Deadlines and prices vary per event.
SEASON PASS or event-specific weekend credential
You will need to purchase a Camping Voucher (your camping permit). $35 in advance/$50 at the gate and a Campsite.
The Season Pass and camping voucher will be verified at camping registration and you will be issued a camping wristband.
CAMPSITE FEE is per site regardless of type of camping and location. Six (6) people are allowed per site, one must be an adult, 18 or older. If you are camping with someone who has purchased a site, you will need to provide the individuals’ name when ordering your tickets.
No refunds or exchanges on tickets or camping reservations.
Tent/Popup areas are located in the Carousel campground; overflow areas are available when the Carousel is full. The Carousel is ONLY for tents and small popup units. All trailers and RVs should be in the motorhome areas. Sites are approximately 20' x 40' in size.
General Motorhome - First-come, First-serve areas are located on the front straight, Turn 3, Turn 4, between Turns 7 & 8, and outside Turn 14 in the same areas as the reserved sites (track map indicates “Motorhome Camping”). Sites are 75 feet from the safety fence behind the Trackside Motorhome campsites. These sites are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Trackside Motorhome - Reserved areas are located on Turn 3, Turn 4*, between Turns 7 & 8, and outside Turn 14 (track map indicates “Motorhome Camping”). Sites are ten (10) feet from the safety fence; and are marked and assigned in advance. Sites are approximately 25' x 40' in size. *TURN 4: Road America reserves the right to use the north tree line for overflow tent camping—all overflow areas are marked with colored flags.
Electric Motorhome - Reserved areas are located south of front straight grandstand and VIP Tower. Sites are ten (10) feet from the safety fence; and are marked and assigned in advance. Sites are approximately 20' x 40' in size.
- Campers must check in during scheduled check-in hours (vary by event). If you are unable to register during the posted hours, you will NOT be allowed into the facility until 7 AM the following day.
- Six (6) people are allowed per site, one must be an adult, 18 or older. (open camping area for AMA all must be 18 years or older). (Children 12 and under are free with a paying adult.) If your group arrives at different times, you will need to make sure that everyone has the name of the individual that purchased the site and make arrangements to meet up with the group.
- At check-in, your will need to show your Advance Camping Package wristband (secured to your wrist). Or, you will need to show your other event credential and camping voucher that will be collected and replaced by a wristband. The Camping Wristband is your admission in and out of the facility, as well as proof to Security Officers that you are allowed on the grounds at night—you will need to wear the wristband for the duration of your stay.
- You will be issued the proper camping permit that indicates the area and site that you purchased. The camping permit must be visible to Security in each campsite (i.e., tents may use vehicle window; motorhome window, etc.).
- Once registered, you will have 24-hour access to the facility through Gate 6 during the event; vacating the premises on Sunday one-half hour after the final race. If you are returning to the track after dark, be prepared to show proper credentials (wristband) and please drive carefully—observe a 5 MPH speed limit.
- Road America reserves the right to relocate campers.
OCCUPYING THE SITE
PARKING: You are allowed to park your vehicle in the campsite if it fits in the allocated space. If you have additional items that do not fit in the campsite, you will need to park them in an open grass area that is not designated for camping or other functions.
SITE SETUP: Do not drive stakes or poles into any asphalt surfaces. Do not deface, cut, drive nails into or attach lines or any other objects to trees, bushes, light poles, site sign posts or buildings. Do not tamper with any electrical outlets on Road America property. Large party tents are not allowed; only sleeping tents and small screen tents for cooking can be set up.
PERSONAL PROPERTY AND RIGHTS: Road America assumes no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to personal property. Please respect the rights of others.
STRICTLY PROHIBITED: Road America strictly prohibits the following items or actions:
- Use of non-prescription drugs and illegal drugs
- Firearms, fireworks (including firecrackers), potato launchers or any type of explosive
- Loud or disorderly conduct, use of profanity, obnoxious disturbances or nuisances.
Possession of such items or unruly behavior outlined above will result in immediate removal from the property and further prosecution from local law enforcement.
UTILITIES: There are NO water hook ups on the property. Electric sites are available only on the front straight (not available to spectators for SCCA Runoffs). Please be sure to have at least 35' of cord for electric sites. Generator use is allowed only from 7 am - 10 pm in all areas. At any time, Road America reserves the right to ask campers to turn them off if they are disrupting other campers. Do not tamper with any electrical outlets on Road America property.
RESTROOMS: There are two permanent restroom / shower locations on the property as well as portable bathrooms throughout the facility.
CONCESSIONS: There are 14 concession stands located throughout the property serving delicious food (limited availability during the SVW, AHRMA, VSCDA events).
GIFT SHOP: The 4-Mile Merchant located in the competition paddock is open from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM each day and sells cameras, toiletries, etc.
PICNIC TABLES are for everyone’s use—please do not move tables to your site.
GARBAGE REMOVAL: Please make sure your garbage barrels are placed on the end of your campsite near the paved road. Sites should be clean and free of garbage when you leave the property. Use the proper barrels for discarding completely extinguished coals or ashes.
PETS: Pets are the responsibility of the owner. Please be courteous and cleanup after your pet. Pets must be kept under the control of a leash or kept in your vehicle with adequate ventilation and water. Pets are not permitted in Paddock areas during spectator events. Management reserves the right to restrict disruptive or exotic pets. If your pet disrupts or causes harm to another individual, it will be grounds for removal of you and your pet from the facility without a refund.
DUMPSITES: Please collect and dispose of dish and hand washing water at the sanitary dumping station or in campground toilets. Dishwashing is not allowed in the restroom sinks. It is against the law to dump “gray water” on the ground. There are two dumpsites on the property (Carousel Campground and inside Gate 6).
CAMPFIRES: The campsites do not have fire pits. You can not have an open fire. Cooking and campfires must be built in a device designed for elevating a fire off of the ground—such as a grill or portable patio fire pit.
- Campfires must never be left unattended and trash burning is prohibited.
- Fires are permitted when weather conditions are normal (no high winds or dry conditions) and must be placed in a manner as not to endanger other people or property.
- Gasoline should not be used to light fires!
- Fires must be completely extinguished before discarding coals or ashes in containers clearly marked for that purpose.
- No firewood may be brought into Wisconsin from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, or Michigan. This is illegal according to the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. As a general rule, all firewood should be bought in the county you are camping in and not taken home with you when you leave as there is also quarantine on firewood in Sheboygan County for Gypsy Moth.
Security officers, Road America staff and safety personnel reserve the right to instruct campers to extinguish any fires too large or that threaten other campers.
Violators of fire rules will pay a minimum fine of $50 for each infraction.
SCENARY: There are more than 20 different species of wildlife located on Road America’s property. The State of Wisconsin has fines for those who destroy wild flowers, trees, or harm wildlife. Enjoy what is around you – take only what you brought.
- Enforced between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM
- Generators are allowed only from 7 am - 10 pm and if they are not disrupting neighboring sites. If they are bothering other campers, Road America reserves the right to ask campers to turn off or only run them during racing action on the track.
- Campers will be restricted to their camping area at sundown. Absolutely no vehicle traffic after sundown unless leaving or entering the property. Please drive safely and observe the 5 mph speed limit.
- Radios are not allowed after 10:00 PM (No extensive or professional sound systems are allowed; loud music is not allowed at any time.)
- Strictly prohibited items or actions include: firearms, fireworks (including firecrackers), loud or disorderly conduct, use of profanity, obnoxious disturbances or nuisances.
TRANSPORTATION / VEHICLE POLICIES
- All vehicles must be street-licensed, have valid license plates and the driver must posses a valid driver’s license to operate the vehicle on the property. Vehicles driven after dark must have headlights. Please drive carefully—observe a 5 MPH speed limit.
- Road America does NOT allow unlicensed ATV’s, scooters, private golf cars, etc. on the property. If brought to the facility, they will be taken to an impound area and returned to the owner at the end of the weekend. A ZERO TOLERANCE RULE will be in effect for the use of these vehicles and no warnings will be given.
- Coaster wagons and strollers are allowed on the property
- Bicycle riding is permitted in the general spectator areas; riding bicycles in the Competition Paddock is prohibited.
- Rollerblades, roller skates and skate boards are not allowed anywhere on Road America property.
- Free shuttle service (8-passenger golf cars) is provided Saturday-Sunday during AMA and SPRINTS; Friday-Sunday during HAWK, RRS, and SCCA Nationals.
- Public transportation to the track is NOT available. Several taxi companies service the track.