Road America is seeking an individual to fill the full time position of event coordinator. This individual shall be responsible for various aspects of event delivery which will include, planning, set up, facilitation, and tear down of our many diverse events. These vary in size and type, from sanctioned race events, to custom group adventures like go karting, geocaching and other exciting events. Basic mechanical skills are a plus and a strong passion for customer service is a requirement. Candidate should have a positive friendly attitude and be capable of face to face customer interaction.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Facilitating our adventure programs (Karting, Geocaching, off-roading, etc)
- Assists with setup for schools, programs, and hospitality needs. (Stocking, moving, setup tables and chairs)
- Assists with administrative duties (billing, calls, responding to emails, schedules, assembly bins for classroom programs)
- Schedule staff using Aladtec by opening shifts for workers to sign up.
- Works with the Business Services team to ensure the running of events are smooth.
- Assist with check in process for Sunset Cruise, Touring, Pace Car Hot Laps.
- Assist with cleaning, fueling, and scheduling services of school vehicles.
- Assist with keeping inventory of RaceQuip items (helmets, suits, shoes, gloves)
- Assist instructors to ensure meet MSF and State Standards.
- Acts as Co-Race Director for Karting Club and Supermoto Series
- Manage day of event operations for club events, enforce club rules, point of contact with participants, and manage track staff.
- Assist with traveling or regional karting series. (corner working, track setup, sweeping and cleaning)
- Train seasonal staff.
- Individual shall have good communication and organizational skills
- Proficient with technology such as MS Office, Tripleseat, and Dynamics
- Must be resourceful and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Candidate has experience in event coordination
- Candidate is a fast learner and strong communicator able to work alone or with others
- Has a desire to learn about the company and its history
- Develop strong relationships with customers and staff.
- Goal orientated
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Candidate should have a positive, friendly attitude and be capable of face-to-face customer interaction
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Enthusiasm for motorsports
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to the outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat. Also, subject to noise and fast-moving objects. Must have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs. occasionally.
Hours can be long and vary by week and event type. The candidate must be willing to workdays, nights and weekends and support our public events.