Road America is seeking several (part-time/event based) Social
Media Ambassadors to support the communications team in the
creation and cultivation of the best content, social media, and
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
The ideal candidates must have a clear understanding and advanced knowledge of all major social media channels including: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube with understanding and interest in up and coming social media channels such as Tik Tok. The candidates must also be able to develop individual content plans and content campaigns prior to events while managing social media channels during events and possess in post-event reporting.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a social media or content role (can include student work and internships)
- Experience creating social media graphics and related materials for use on all social media channels
- Excellent communications skill and writing ability
- Basic video editing skills in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or a similar program is a plus
- Basic knowledge of photography and photo editing, experience with Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator a plus
- Previous experience managing and curating content on a website or similar platform is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage a unique workload and operate within deadlines
- Previous experience working in sports would be beneficial but is not necessary for the right candidate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of, and passion for, both sport and entertainment
The ideal candidates have an enthusiasm for sports and entertainment are able to work alone and with others; and have the ability to develop strong relationships with fans, media, sponsors and staff. Every candidate must have the ability to carry up to 40 pounds of equipment and drive a golf cart.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, squat, kneel, and climb. The employee is subject to the outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat. Also, subject to noise and fast-moving objects. Must have the ability to lift at least 40 lbs. occasionally.
The Typical hours are 8 am to 5 pm. Thursday through Sunday during major public events ONLY. See www.roadamerica.com for schedule.