Responsible for leading our marketing team and guiding the marketing efforts for all aspects of Road America’s business, the ideal candidate will be a hands-on leader who applies marketing and project management knowledge to achieving the company’s business objectives and meeting the needs of our diverse stakeholder groups. An existing interest in and knowledge of motorsports is welcomed but not required.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the marketing team to develop and assist in the implementation of an annual marketing plan and budget.
- Work with other management team members to understand the marketing needs of each business area and incorporate those needs into marketing and public relations strategies, tactics, and messaging.
- Work with the marketing team to plan for marketing collateral development, website updates, sponsorship/partnership development and retention, social media scheduling, messaging, implementation, and analytics.
- Lead market- and competitive research and analysis efforts to support new product development and identify trends, new audiences, partnerships, and opportunities
- Create and manage internal marketing calendar, assist with call center messaging and promotional initiatives
- Represent Road America at industry and corporate events, trade shows, and sales meetings throughout the year
- Engage with sponsors/partners and their associated promotional initiatives on race weekends and as assigned throughout the year
- Think critically about products, processes, and messaging, and be ever mindful of the potential of a good idea or opportunity
- Be willing to suggest and defend ideas, raise questions, ask for help when needed, and offer solutions as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in marketing leadership, marketing plan, and campaign development and implementation, market research, target audience identification, and messaging
- Self-motivated and willing to lead and take initiative.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate with and/or lead cross-functional teams to establish priorities, objectives, and deliverables.
- Strong understanding, creation, and implementation of social media and email marketing campaigns, analytics, and reporting
- Strong understanding of marketing and analytics tools such as Marketo, Google Analytics, Salesforce CRM, and content management systems
- Proficiency in graphic design and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Proficiency in all aspects of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to organize time and workload and complete assigned tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Creativity, wit, friendly demeanor, and a work-hard, play-hard drive to succeed.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, listen, and use hands. The employee is subject to periodic outdoor environmental conditions including cold weather, extreme heat, noise, and fast-moving vehicles. Must have the ability to occasionally lift at least 25 lbs. This is an in-office, onsite position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Road America offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience.
Road America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.