Road America is seeking an individual to fill a full-time position as a Marketing Specialist. This position accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities. You are a hands-on leader who applies marketing and project management knowledge to achieve the needs of the customers. You demonstrate effective leadership and support the identification and development of new product strategies driving growth for the business and consumer sales.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, updating, and implementing the Integrated Marketing and Communication plan.
- Manages event campaigns to drive attendance through ticket pre-sales and gate-sales across different methods. (i.e., Broadcast, Social media, Radio, Email, Print, etc.)
- Manages the company website content to drive customers to purchase tickets.
- Leads internal list management/maintenance/growth compiled from multiple sources: Ticket sales, newsletters, contests, groups, partners, etc. (Mail Chimp/Constant Contact)
- Plans and Executes email and call campaigns to drive sales.
- Achieves marketing and sales objectives by completing marketing and sales information research and recommendations relating to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating trade promotion programs.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying targeted audiences; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities and improving product offerings.
- Creating and managing the marketing calendar for internal purposes.
- Works directly with business units to drive organizational growth.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Ability to utilize primary and secondary research to identify actionable insights and to guide new product development efforts.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and provide thought leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and business development
- Strong event marketing experience.
- Knowledge of various marketing and analytics tools such as Marketo, Google Analytics, CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce), and content management systems
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creativity.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to collaboratively lead and work within cross-functional teams to establish priorities, objectives, and deliverables.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses.
- Contributes to the overall success of Road America and its offerings by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Hands-on design ability (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Video) not required but valued.
- Proficient in cloud platforms such as Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Docs.
- Proficient in email marketing platforms such as Mail Chimp and Constant Contact.
- Proficient technical skills in all aspects of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to periodic outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat, subject to noise and fast-moving objects to support race events. Must have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs. occasionally.
Hours: 45+ hours per week. Hours can be long and vary by week and event type. The candidate must be willing to workdays, nights, and weekends on occasion to support events.