Being a Camping Attendant at Road America is a fun and exciting experience. The Camping Attendant are a public relations liaisons for Road America and are often the first faces to greet our customers, acquaint campers with track activities, and answer questions on local amenities.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Available at the Camping gate to assist campers to their campsite or cabin location.
- Monitor the camping areas to ensure good practices and campground rules are being followed.
- Provide information and education to our guests; explain camping rules; report hazards or unsafe conditions and emergencies to Security Staff.
- Resolve guest complaints in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Monitor the campground areas to ensure guests are properly credentialed after the event day activities are completed. Typically, this is 30 minutes after checkered. All guests must have a camping wristband displayed on their arm showing that they have purchased the correct tickets to be onsite.
- Assist with special activities during public weekends such as parking, touring, etc. these may vary based on events.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Road America’s mission, goals, and culture.
- Genuine interest and ability to talk with people of all backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Self-motivated work ethic.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. Also, subject to noise and fast-moving objects. Must have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs. occasionally.
Two shifts available 6:45 am – 3 pm and 2:30 pm – 9:00 pm