This position is responsible for performing maintenance on Road America’s small engines, diesel engines, company company-owned cars, as well as general maintenance of the Road America racetrack and property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Designs, implements and executes a preventative maintenance program for all Road America-owned equipment.
- Cleans, organizes, and stocks inventory within the maintenance shop.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment breakdowns from small engines to larger engines.
- Inspecting and repairing parts such as ignition systems, fuel systems, cooling systems, electrical systems, and hydraulic systems
- Plan repair work using building blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Repairing small engines, including lawnmowers, chainsaws, and other equipment used in landscaping and construction.
- Diagnosing problems with equipment by testing components and performing tests onsite to determine the cause of the malfunction.
- Explaining repair procedures to the manager and documenting work performed on equipment.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems, racetrack, or the general facilities.
- Cleans and assists with the upkeep of the facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performing preventive maintenance tasks such as lubricating parts and checking fluid levels
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience working with small engines, maintenance, or automobiles required.
- Diesel Mechanic Experience or Education
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Change-management skills including flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to impact on the business.
- Strong attention to detail to achieve thoroughness and accuracy in everyday responsibility.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hours vary based on the time of the year. Fall/Winter typically 6 am – 2:30 pm M-F; Spring/Summer is in season which requires Monday – Sunday work based on event schedule.