This position will assist the maintenance team in the preparation, operation, and follow up of events held at Road America. Being responsible for a variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure the facility is tidy and functional.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
As a part of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for performing minor fixes throughout the property, complete regular maintenance tasks, inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems. Maintain grounds, trimming, edging, mowing the lawn, collecting trash, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid drivers’ license.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems, i.e. plumbing, HVAC and electrical, etc.
- Ability to operate machinery, i.e. forklift, tractor, skid steer, etc.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds required.
- Welding and landscaping experience is desirable.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to the outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat. Also, subject to noise and fast-moving objects. Must have the ability to lift at least 100 lbs. occasionally.
Hours vary based on the time of the year. Fall/Winter typically 6 am – 2:30 pm M-F; Spring/Summer is in season which requires Monday – Sunday work based on event schedule.