Road America is seeking a student or recent graduate with a desire to obtain hands-on Marketing experience in the sports business. The intern will assist the Director of Marketing during the season assisting with ticket sales, literature distribution, advertising, proposals, sponsor relations, sponsorship sales, event ambassadors representing the company in a positive manner; and various responsibilities during race weekends.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
Duties may include but are not limited to customer service, marketing, and advertising, literature distribution, sponsorship sales, sponsor relations, event ambassador, and activity supervisor. This position will be assisting the Director of Marketing throughout the season.
- Ideally, the candidate is at least a college sophomore majoring in marketing and communications or any business field or related course of study with experience in event coordination and enthusiasm for sports and entertainment.
- This individual must process attention for detail, have good communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills, and be a fast learner.
- They must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- They must be resourceful and troubleshoot problems as they arise, be able to work alone and with others, have a desire to learn about the company and its history, and has the ability to develop strong relationships with sponsors, fans, and staff.
- Must be able and comfortable to
work motorsports events (shows, exhibits, parades, picnics, etc)
on behalf of Road America.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to the outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat. Also, subject to noise and fast-moving objects. Must have the ability to lift at least 35 lbs. occasionally.
Hours will often be long and vary by week and event, and the candidate must be willing to work nights and weekends. Typical hours will be Monday to Friday, and major public events. 5-7 total weekends are mandatory. The position will last from approximately May through August.