Road America is seeking an individual to fill a full-time position as a Registrar. This position accomplishes business development administration duties, activities and is responsible for the setup, registration, management and credentialing of participants and guests at various racing and non-racing events throughout the year. You are a hands-on team player with a passion for motorsports and events.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be familiar with and well-versed in Motorsports Reg (MSR)
- Be the resident expert in establishing and setting up the scheduling of events in MSR
- Manage all aspects of the entire registration process for the WeatherTech Invitational Challenge event sanctioned by RA and be support for the other vintage events.
- Manage registrations for all Road America events (i.e. Track Days, Test & Tune Days, Driving Schools, and other programs as needed).
- Assist with issuing credentials for competitors and guests for Road America events
- Be the liaison for the race series weekends in Registration as needed
- Manage competitor garage rentals for both the Hagerty and Quad Car Port
- Promote and provide customer service to the Drivers Club Members
- Provide recommendations to the team with strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; determining system improvements; implement change.
- Supports other team members of the Business Services department including hospitality functions, Corporate Programs, and other events as needed.
- Meets event financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and provide thought leadership.
- Assist with maintaining website content with up-to-date content
- Associated Degree in event management, marketing, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in event organization and business development
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to collaboratively work within cross-functional teams to establish priorities, objectives, and deliverables.
- Must have excellent customer service personality and skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Proficient technical skills in all aspects of MS Office and Motorsports Reg (MSR)
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Contributes to the overall success of Road America and its offerings by performing all other duties as assigned
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to the periodic outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat, subject to noise and fast-moving objects to support race events. Must have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs. occasionally.
Hours: 45+ hours per week. Hours can be long and vary by week and event type. The candidate must be willing to workdays, nights, and weekends on occasion to support events.