The Paddock Shop is the Official Store of Road America. The 7,500-square-foot shop is open year-round and offers a mix of branded apparel and souvenirs plus an eclectic mix of home goods and boutique items. During spectator events, the shop serves thousands of race fans and on private event days, the shop caters to a diverse audience of car and motorcycle track day customers. The Paddock Shop staff enjoys the vibrant, energetic race season, a busy holiday period, and about 3 months of preparation ahead of the season opener in May.
- Full or Part-time, from 8:45 AM to 4:15 PM.
- Alternating weekends, May-October
Occasional Saturdays, November-April, typically one per month
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inventory Coordination: help process inventory, maintain/organize back stock, ensure stock levels on the sales floor, and assist with displays.
- Customer Service: offer customers an extraordinary shopping experience with an awareness of customer needs, targeted product recommendations, and the ability to keep track of multiple customers.
- Cashiering: Process transactions and open/close point of sale depending on shift
- Supervision: Lead the staff in the absence of managers, with a focus on customer service standards and store operation guidelines.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 18 years of age
- 2 or more years of retail sales experience in a lead role.
- Available to work any day of the week, primarily May through October.
- Self-starter skills with a desire to achieve personal goals and those of the retail team.
- A cheerful, confident personality, eager to interact with coworkers and customers.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail to achieve thoroughness and accuracy in everyday responsibility.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.